Half Year Course – Fall; 90 minutes
We will be using College Prep Genius’ video-based course to teach students proven strategies for success on the SAT, ACT, PSAT, and CLT. From the author: “Most students, even smart ones, bomb the SAT, PSAT, ACT… These are not tests about content rather logic, and the questions are purposely misleading with wrong answers that seem appealing. The College Prep Genius video-based program teaches how to answer questions in 30 seconds or less. Consider the following: 85% of colleges admit and give money on SATs alone because they get their national rankings based on test scores so the higher the score-the more money students receive! For over 13 years, College Prep Genius has helped many students raise their test scores as much as 600 points, become National Merit Scholars, and go to Ivy-Leagues for free!”
The course will include all of the College Prep Genius material and activities to supplement understanding of selected math and grammar concepts. A few class meetings will be set aside for practice test sessions.
- College Prep Genius Textbook & Workbook
- Per the publisher the items must be placed as a group order. The order will be coordinated by the instructor at the beginning of August. Books will be distributed at the Back-to-School Night at the end of August.
- Three-ring binder with paper and eight (8) ividers
- $25 to cover licensing fees for the video based course
- $60 for text – see note above
- $5 materials fee for supplemental activity handouts
Instructor: Carolyn Graessle
Revised: 25 March 2022