Full Year Course; 90 minutes
The class has two components. The first is developing a powerful paragraph with a clear topic sentence and supporting details through the use of connectives. Grammar is taught through the use of these connectives. The second component introduces the class to the different genre and the vocabulary necessary to analyze and discuss each one. The genre include the following: short stories, novels, modern drama, Romeo and Juliet, prose, and poetry.
- Composition Handbook, by Cindy Herndon.
- Instructor will order a copy for each enrolled student and distribute them at the Parent Meeting the week prior to the first day of class.
- Prentice Hall Literature Gold ISBN: 0-13-698556-4 1989 edition.
Available from Abebooks.com for under $10.
- Book to be read over the summer prior to first class:
- To Kill a Mockingbird, by Harper Lee, any edition.
Required Materials: N/A
Additional Fee: $30 for Composition Handbook noted above
Instructor: Vanessa Jardine
Revised: 12 March 2022 for School Year 2022/2023