Full Year Course; 90 minutes
This college-prep biology course provides a detailed introduction to the methods and concepts of general biology. Heavily emphasizing the vocabulary of biology, it provides the student with a strong background in the scientific method, the five-kingdom classification scheme, microscopy, biochemistry, cellular biology, molecular and Mendelian genetics, evolution, dissection, and ecosystems. It also provides a complete survey of the five kingdoms in creation. Students who take and understand this course will be very well-prepared for a tough university biology course.
CCT will provide microscopes and slides. Instructor will coordinate a class order for dissection materials.
- Exploring Creation with Biology, 2nd Edition Apologia Ministries ISBN: 1-932012-54-5. Be sure to obtain both textbook and test & solutions manual.
- Note: Limited number of textbooks may be borrowed from instructor on a first-come, first-served basis; contact instructor for availability.
- Text plus Test & Solutions Manual
- Four Lab Specimens (worm, crayfish, perch, & frog)
- Dissection pan and tools
- A group order for the Lab Specimen and Dissection Kits will be placed in January or you may obtain your own.
Additional Fee: $15 to offset cost of consumable supplies provided in class.
Instructor: Pam Hinton
Revised: 01 August 2023